The ECO will be responsible for undertaking environmental compliance audits on construction sites.
Willing to travel throughout South Africa. Candidates residing in the Northern Cape preferred.
Duties and responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the ECO will include:
- Site visits and environmental compliance audits.
- Compiling environmental compliance reports.
- Monitoring compliance with Environmental Management Plans (EMPs) on construction sites and taking action if required.
- Attending site meetings.
- Reviewing construction method statements.
- Finding environmentally responsible solutions to problems encountered on construction sites.
The ideal candidate will have a BSc degree in Environmental Science or a related field.
- 3+ years.
- The candidate must be able to provide proof of at least 3 years’ ECO experience.
The ECO must be a personable, ambitious, hardworking individual.
The ECO must also have the attributes listed below:
- A good understanding of environmental legislation
- Technical report writing skills
Applicants with the following skills can apply:
- A good written and oral command of the English language
- Good Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- The ability to communicate clearly and succinctly.