Environmental Officer – Delta BEC, Pretoria, Gauteng
The ECO will be responsible for undertaking environmental compliance audits on construction sites.
Willing to travel throughout South Africa. Candidates residing in the Northern Cape preferred.
Duties and responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the ECO will include:
- Site visits and environmental compliance audits.
- Compiling environmental compliance reports.
- Monitoring compliance with Environmental Management Plans (EMPs) on construction sites and taking action if required.
- Attending site meetings.
- Reviewing construction method statements.
- Finding environmentally responsible solutions to problems encountered on construction sites.
The ideal candidate will have a BSc degree in Environmental Science or a related field.
- 3+ years.
- The candidate must be able to provide proof of at least 3 years’ ECO experience.
The ECO must be a personable, ambitious, hardworking individual.
The ECO must also have the attributes listed below:
- A good understanding of environmental legislation
- Technical report writing skills
Applicants with the following skills can apply:
- A good written and oral command of the English language
- Good Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- The ability to communicate clearly and succinctly.
If you meet the requirement of the available position and you would like to apply for the position, please send you CV and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “ECO”.