Human Recourse Practitioner – Delta BEC, Pretoria, South Africa
Please follow the link at the end of the description to apply. If you do not apply using the link you will not be considered.
Overview of Position
The Human Recourse practitioner will be reporting to the Human Recourse Manager assisting with the daily operations of the Human Recourse department while taking responsibility for various aspects of the recruitment, B-BBEE, performance reviews, professional registrations of employees and many other aspects that help the company function effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure on time submission of weekly schedule and timesheet.
- Review and approve leave applications.
- Ensure employee job descriptions are updated on a bi-annual basis.
- Ensure tender CVs are updates on a monthly basis.
- Propose and coordinate employee wellness programs.
- Arrange and coordinate staff socials.
- Compile and submit required salary surveys annually.
- Monthly HR induction
- Update and maintain HR policies and procedures.
- Analysing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers.
- Prepare, implement and maintain yearly training plan.
- Review employee training evaluation forms.
- Review bursary exam results and payments bi-annually.
- Review bursary statements bi-annually.
- In-service students training plan
- Register company with applicable SETA.
- Compile and submit information for WSP and ATR report to SETA before end of April annually.
- Tender DG
- Compile and submit EEA2 and EEA4 report to Department of Labour annually.
- Compile 5-year plan.
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation.
- Register company with Compensation Fund – Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act
- Compile return of earnings (WSA8 report) and submit before end of March annually.
- Prepare and present monthly HR & BEE report.
- Compile monthly payroll reports and submit to Director.
- Compile and maintain HR yearly budget.
- Implement HR yearly business plan.
- Ensure that suitable candidates are sourced and appointed within given timeframe and according to legislative requirements
- Recruiting staff – this includes developing job descriptions/specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates.
- Ensure reference checks are conducted for all new appointments.
- Source bursary applicants annually.
- Ensure all relevant employees are registered with the applicable association.
- Review annual membership fees.
- Ensure required CPD points are obtained annually.
- Ensure CPD portfolio and renewal of registration is submitted before expiry.
- Load new employees on payroll and ESS.
- Performance reviews – ensure monthly reviews are sent out, discussed and finalised a month in advance.
- Review and discuss monthly increases with management and update salary changes on Payspace
- Calculate salaries, deductions and reimbursements before the 24th of each month.
- Issue the financial department with salary payment summaries on the 24th of each month.
- Update and maintain employee allowances.
- Approve employee’s loans and advances.
- Compile mid and year-end reconciliation (EMP 501) and ensure submittal to SARS before deadline.
- Submit IRP5’s to SARS and distribute to employees.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Compile, distribute and consolidate employee satisfaction survey annually.
- Conduct annual interviews and provide feedback to management.
- Conduct new employee feedback sessions and provide feedback to management.
- Conduct exit interviews and provide feedback to management.
- Ensure all HR and employee matters are handle highly confidential.
- Sustain a trust relationship between HR and employees.
- Ensure that we meet all 5 BBBEE elements:
- Management and Control
- Skills development
- Enterprise and Supplier Development
- Socio-economic development
- Compile information for BBBEE audit and ensure renewal of certificate before expiry.
- Ensure that a level 1 BEE status is maintained.
- Keep up to date with legislation changes.
- Prepare and maintain BEE calculation sheet and advise management accordingly.
- Prepare monthly BEE report and present to management.
- Attend and facilitate disciplinary hearings.
- Attend CCMA hearings.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship between the Union and DFM.
- Attend, facilitate and negotiate all Union matters.
- Negotiating with staff and their representatives (e.g. trade union officials) on issues relating to pay and condition.
- Ensure compliance with the BCEA and LRA.
Management of Department
- Ensure subordinates are carrying out duties and responsibilities accordingly.
- Promote teamwork and team spirit.
- Offer support and guidance as required.
- Update and review subordinates job descriptions on a bi-annual basis.
- Conduct annual performance reviews.
If you are qualified for the position and you are interested please follow the link below to apply:
PS. If you do not use the link you will not be considered.