Please follow the link at the end of the description to apply. If you do not apply using the link you will not be considered.
Overview of Position
Principal Agent Representative assisting the Principal Agent in the contract administration and site supervision. Delegate must be proficient in Zulu, presentable and able to lead construction meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive notices in writing from the Contractor and pass such notices to the Principal Agent (PA).
- Issue instructions and directions and give approval for work, as agreed with the PA.
- Give further possession of the site from time to time to enable the Contractor to proceed with the Works in accordance with his approved program and reasonable proposals.
- Require the Contractor to submit a program(s) and particulars and refer same to the PA for approval.
- Furnish the Contractor with drawings, specifications, and instructions necessary for the proper and adequate execution of the Works and maintain a register of drawings and revisions thereof.
- Require the Contractor to submit samples of materials, submit test specimens, carry out tests on samples and to aid with testing of materials and workmanship.
- Arrange and lead contract progress meetings through guidance of PA.
- Assist and provide support to the Quantity Surveyor to conclude accurate monthly payment certificates, as well as all work required for the final account.
- Complete the project specific contractual data pack and information sheets on a daily and monthly basis as required.
- To finalise and submit the “as built” drawings and contract close-out report within three (3) weeks after final completion of the contract.
3 to 5 years construction experience, working with or managing a contractor.
- BTech Construction Management advantageous
- Drivers License
- Informative with construction methods, community, client requirements
- MS Word, Excel, Projects proficient
- The incumbent will be required to work on site.
- RSA drivers license a must.
If you are qualified for the position and you are interested please follow the link below to apply:
PS. If you do not use the link you will not be considered.